Step 1: Learn Renesas IoT Sandbox Basics
Step 2: Learn e2 Studio Basics
Get a quick overview of e2 Studio and Synergy by going through these tutorials in this order.
1. Blinky for the S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit by Dan Kane
2. Blinky part 2 for the 4th LED (released soon)
3. As preparation for all demo tutorials, learn how to import packages into e2 Studio. Make sure you watch that video 5 minute or your may try and extract the zip file (which won’t work for import).
At this point, you’re on your way.
Step 3: Practice Building Demo Project from Source
After the three steps above, build a demo project that connects to the IoT Sandbox. Do not edit the project at this time or connect the project to the sandbox. Just practice the build.
- For S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit: Build Smart Chef Demo from source. It’s here. Do not add cloud-driven GPIO at this time. Just practice building from source. Instruction on the build process is here.
Step 4: Customize Demo Project Source
- S3A7 With Sensirion Grove Sensor. Notes on the build process are here. You can buy the Sensirion sensor here for $12 or you can contact @jcasman for a free sensor if you’re willing to write up your project.
Step 5: Build Your Own Project
- S3A7 With Activity Monitor - Quick Start Guide (Intermediate)
- S3A7 With Sensiron Grove Sensor an Alternative Approach (Intermediate)
- S3A7 With Smart Machine and IoT Vibration Monitoring Kit - Quick Start Guide
- Sending Tweets from Your S3A7 Board
- S3A7 With BTLE Demo
- S3A7 With LORA Demo
- S3A7 With Smart Energy Meter IoT Kit - Quick Start Guide
Synergy and e2 Studio
Technical Support From Renesas
Community member @iotcommunity2017 also verified that technical support is available from Renesas. We’ve also verified with a Renesas Synergy manager that the link below is the correct form to use to initiate technical support discussions. It looks a bit non-standard, but support is available at the link below.