Thanks to Medium One for contributing this tutorial.
This tutorial will show you how to get started with connecting two S3A7 boards using Lora PMODs to Renesas IoT Sandbox. One S3A7 board will operate in Gateway mode with a Lora radio and wifi connectivity to the cloud. The second board will operate in Endpoint mode with a Lora radio and the AMS sensor. Note this Demo is not intended for production use.
What you need to get started:
- 2x S3A7 Fast Prototyping Lit
- WiFi Internet access
- 2x LinkLabs Lora PMOD modules (tested with 1.3.1 LinkLabs firmware)
- Lora Demo image with S3A7 (updated 9-30-16)
- Renesas IoT Sandbox Getting Started Guide and docs.
- How to flash the S3A7 board
- Quick Start Guide to Mobile app
STEP 1: PROGRAM THE KIT
Configure the Gateway board
With one of the s3A7 boards, connect the Lora PMOD to port J6 as shown.
Configure the Endpoint board
With the other s3A7 board, connect the Lora PMOD to port J6 and the AMS sensor to the J18 grove connector.
STEP 3: CONNECT THE S3A7 KIT TO THE CLOUD
Provision the Gateway
Provision the Board for Lora and WiFi to Renesas IoT Sandbox API: