Learn IoT MeetUp - June 5 in San Jose

meetup
events

Hi,
I’m interested in attending the workshop.

Hi Karthik,

Fantastic, you’re on the list! Looking forward to meeting you. Have you used Renesas boards before? Any background with IoT?

Jesse

Hello Jesse

I like to join this workshop (second track) , hopefully still you have space. I am not sure this event is basic/first timers focused or bit advanced. I am hoping to learn bit more about hardware configuration and understanding bit more about read/understand board manuals so I can configure easily. Let me know your comments

Thanks
Mariya

Mariya,

For you, we’ll always have space. :slight_smile: I think the second track might be of interest to you. It’ll be taught by @Dan, based on the 4 LED Blinky tutorial he wrote, covering some of the work he’s done with the LCD and LED controls. I think you’ve made a lot of progress in similar areas. It’s possible that it’s not as deep as you’d like, but it may be useful to “share notes.” @craig will be there as well.

I’m hoping you’ll be able to come, and we can connect directly.

Jesse

Thank you.

I will come to this event.

yes, largely I was doing with SKS7g2 board and latest SSP versions, we share notes and details.

Thanks again
Mariya

Great! Looking forward to meeting you.

Getting the IoT kits ready for you!

Picking up more kits from the Renesas headquarters.

Make sure you bring a laptop

My Laptop has only 1 free USB port but S3A7 needed 2 USB port (1 power and another to program) Extra USB power port available or need to bring.

Thanks

You’ll only need this if you want to program the board. You may be able to charge the battery in the S3A7 kit and power the board from the battery. to go through the Smart Garage tutorial, you’ll only need one USB port to power the board.

Thank you. I forgot that there is battery power source part of kit.

Awesome Meetup. Great pizza! Great tutorial! 5 stars!

Thanks to everyone that attended. Here’s some pictures from the event.

My First Tutorial - UPDATED

@Craig7 took the Blinky tutorial to a whole new level! Sound activated, something like 7 different registers, and apparently you can see through it. Though @craig7 says he “wouldn’t recommend driving with them on.” And, no, not developed on-site last night. :slight_smile:

Regarding @iotcommu2017’s question on advancing with Synergy. Here’s the information.

Download the Synergy Introduction Book

Browse our Renesas Knowledge base, Chat or ask question to Renesas staff

Regarding the question about how to move a custom board design into production. There are a number of companies that can help. Seeed Studio worked with Renesas on the S5D9 and would be a good place to get paid help from. I can get the contact information if you’re interested.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/

In addition to Seeed Studio, here’s a list of other Renesas Design house partners.

A big thank you to everyone who participated! Sent out this note through the meetup.com mailing list, dropping it in here, too.

I got so energized with a whole bunch of new cool ideas and hard questions that I couldn’t go to sleep last night. So much potential in IoT right now. If you want a S5D9 coupon and somehow missed getting one, drop me a note!

Hello Craig

Thank you very much for your help. I had same book (PDF) already and went thru some months back. At that time I was not in position to understand everything so now I went thru book. Now most of the things in this PDF looks basics (I don’t want to call an expert now) to me. But now after reading the PDF my understanding improved lot.

Regarding tech support from Renesas, they always respond to questions and try to resolve the issue ASAP. Here are some of the issue details

Sorry for late response
Thanks
Mariya

Mariya,

Jumping in for Craig as he’s out of the office this week. Great to hear that the Renesas official support is so helpful and quick!

Jesse