Hands On Training
Come join us for an evening working with the Renesas S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit. Boards are provided or you can bring your own. We will be using the Smart Garage Monitoring Tutorial to help learn.
In order to provide more hands-on time with the boards, we are structuring this as a more informal session, with a short initial introduction to the main tutorial that we're working with, and then diving in with the tutorial, going at your own pace.
Please bring your own laptop.
You get the chance to work on your board, ask questions, and make progress right there.
Pizza and sodas are available for free!
Date and Location
Date: Wednesday, April 19, from 6pm to 9pm
Location: Action Spot Incubator, 99 Wilson Ave San Jose, CA, 95128
Parking: Free after 6pm, map of good spots nearby
Free and Discounted IoT Hardware
We’ll be doing a giveaway at the meetup for 2 Renesas S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kits. You must be present at the meetup to win.
So, there are multiple ways to get free stuff to help facilitate your IoT learning:
First, free usage. Come to the meetup, and you’ll be able to use a Renesas S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit for free the whole evening, no obligation.
Second, giveway. At the end of the evening, we’ll give away 2 free Renesas S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kits. Must be present to win.
Third, not free but big discount. If you want to get a board, you can buy one using PayPal for a major discount before the end of the meetup. $50 instead of the list price of $154.
And fourth, “I want to write!” Convince us that you’re interested in writing for the Learn IoT Community site, and we can arrange a loaner kit.
How to Reserve Your Spot
Sign up by putting your information below (replying to this post). Please include name, email and company or organization. Organization can be independent consultant, name of school, or unnamed stealth startup.
If you prefer not to have your contact information shown publicly, you can also send a direct message to @jcasman or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get experience with
- How to flash programs to the Renesas S3A7 board
- Connect and configure a vibration sensor
- Send sensor data to the Renesas IoT Sandbox platform
- Set up customized workflow to process data and set up actions
- Set up two way communication from both mobile phones and web-based applications
- How to continue your education for free with community-based tutorials and online discussion
Free access to awesome professional-grade technology:
- Professional or experienced embedded developer who is new to IoT.
- No experience needed with Python, REST API communication, or mobile app development
- We will provide an overview of free tools and sample code that already works for you to customize
- Programming experience. Knowledge of Python or C useful but not required.
- Basic understanding of how data is transmitted over public Internet
- Basic understanding of common data formats such as JSON is useful
More Learning Opportunities
- Free online tutorials to connect the Renesas AMS sensor to the SK-S7G2 or DK-S7G2. (If you already have one of these boards)
- Possibility of a free AMS sensor if you already own a S7G2 board and are willing to share your project plans with the community
- Possibility of a loaner S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit if you're willing to write up your project build guide and share it with the community
Prepare for MeetUp in Advance
The preparation above is suggested, but not required. You'll have an easier time with the workshop if you have an understanding of the components. You'll also be able to build projects faster after the meetup.
The workshop will cover the Smart Garage Monitoring Tutorial.
The Learn IoT community site provides a clear "Learning Flow" for the Renesas boards. If you have one of the Renesas boards and have time before the meetup, following these steps should be extremely helpful.