Learn With Tools from the World’s Leading MCU Maker
Looking to add skills around IoT? Want to make money with skills you already have? Contributing tutorials to the Learn IoT Community is a great place to do both.
We focus on Renesas, the world’s largest maker of microcontrollers and second largest maker of application processors. The information included here is focused on two main Renesas Starter Kits: the Synergy SK-S7G2 Starter Kit and the Synergy S3A7 IoT Fast Prototyping Kit.
Previously $80,000, the Synergy toolchain is a professional-grade development platform that is now freely available. This is the dev platform that can take your career or your project as high as you want. There are no limits.
Complete the free registration for our site. Only requires name and email.
What If I Don't Have a Starter Kit?
Contact us. You can DM @jcasman or email email@example.com. We can arrange for a loaner kit to be sent to you for free.
How Much Can I Make?
$500 each time you post a completed tutorial.
Here's how you get there:
Post your idea for your project.
- We'll look at your idea and discuss your timeline with you.
- Write up what you build, including screenshots and helpful hints. Once it's posted, we'll pay you $500.
- We welcome multiple submissions, so you can continue writing and making more money.
Sometimes Ideas Are Hard, We Can Help
We can help you with ideas and guidance. But if you're wanting to be creative or stick with your interests/strengths, that's great.
In case you're looking around for ideas, here are some starting points:
- We've developed a clear "learning flow" based on feedback from the community using the boards and tutorials. Following in order should significantly speed up your efforts and avoid some common pitfalls: My First Tutorial
- Adapt Smart Wine Lab, RemoteSongPlayer Lab, or FunWithSensors Labs for Renesas IoT Sandbox
- Add additional sensors such as pressure, pH, electrical power
- Use lightning sensor on AMS sensor board to help protect electrical generators
- Use Lightning sensor in conjunction with location information to warn about nearby thunderstorms close to communication towers
To receive payment, project must be approved in advance of writing, use the Renesas IoT Sandbox, and have the potential to be scalable in an IoT system.